Deadline: not specified
Street: 80 Maiden Lane, Suite 2204
Zip: 10038 City: New York, NY
Contact Person: Olivia Blackmon
The Thurgood Marshall College Fund and Starwood Hotels have teamed up to provide financial assistance to outstanding male and female African American students who are interested in careers in the hospitality industry. In addition to excelling in the classroom, these individuals are leaders in the community who exemplify the values of volunteerism and service.
The Starwood Hotels Scholarship provides academic scholarships of $4400 to students attending TMCF member schools and majoring in hotel management, marketing or hospitality.
Starwood Hotel Scholarship candidates must:
- Attend one of the 47 TMCF member institutions. For a list click here
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent)
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident with a valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551and must apply for financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Have a major in one of the following disciplines: Hotel Management, Hospitality, Marketing
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and service experience
Check out some of the Schools that are featured in the College Fair.